OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook 2008
The OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook 2008 reviews key trends in science, technology and innovation in OECD countries and a number of major non-member economies including Brazil, Chile, China, Israel, Russia and South Africa.
The Outlook was published at the end of October 2008 and uses the latest available data and indicators. The book examines topics high on the agenda of science and innovation policy makers, including science and innovation performance; trends in national science, technology and innovation policies; and practices to assess the socio-economic impacts of public research.
The publication newly consists of individual profiles of the science and innovation performance of each country in relation to its national context and current policy challenges. Taking into account SEE-ERA.NET partner countries, following national profiles are introduced: Austria, France, Germany, Greece and Hungary.
The OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook 2008 covers following chapters:
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1. Global Dynamics in Science, Technology and Innovation
- Chapter 2. Main Trends in Science, Technology and Innovation Policy
- Chapter 3. Science and Innovation: Country Notes
- Chapter 4. Assessing the Socio-Economic Impacts of Public R&D: Recent Practices and Perspectives
- Chapter 5. Innovation in Firms: Findings from a Comparative Analysis of Innovation Survey Microdata
For the full volume of the book and summaries in other languages, please consult http://www.oecd.org/document/36/0,3343,en_2649_34273_41546660_1_1_1_1,00.html.
- Highlights - OECD Outlook 2008 (138.65K)
inserted by Jana MACHACOVA on 2008-11-11 09:54:37