Press-Release: EU-Balkan Research Cooperation: All Western Balkan countries now partner in SEE-ERA.NET
Following the integration of Albania and Serbia into the Southeast European Era-Net (SEE-ERA.NET), the way is now open for a Pilot Joint Call for Proposals
The main concern of the SEE-ERA.NET Steering Board meeting next week, organised under the Austrian EU-Presidency in Vienna, Austria, is the Pilot Joint Call for Research Project Proposals.
The countries of SEE-ERA.NET will issue the call at the end of the year 2006. This is the first initiative of its kind, in which the countries of the Western Balkans and their EU partners will provide a budget for the joint support of research.
The initiative will facilitate the integration of Southeast Europe into the European Research Area and represents a significant step towards successful cooperation between and within the region and the European Union.
The objectives of the Pilot Joint Call for Proposals are:
* to support international research co-operation
* to strengthen the integration of the Western Balkan countries into the European Research Area
* to enhance mobility within Europe by building on ongoing bilateral programmes
* to foster networking and the establishment of new partnerships by following the multilateral programme approach
* to support knowledge exchange and innovation as well as social development
* to be a test for the second Joint Call in 2007/2008
The partners of SEE-ERA.NET are 14 ministries and 3 agencies in: Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, FYRo Macedonia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Romania and Serbia.
SEE-ERA.NET is a networking project aimed at integrating Southeast European countries into the European Research Area by linking research activities within existing national, bilateral and regional Research and Technological Development (RTD) programmes. It is financed by the 6th Framework Programme of the European Union during the period 2004-2009.
For further information please contact:
Project Manager SEE-ERA.NET
Centre for Social Innovation, Vienna
Tel.: +43-1-495 04 42/56
- Press-Release: Steering Board Vienna, April 2006 (german) (28.5K)
- Press-Release: Steering Board Vienna, April 2006 (22.5K)
inserted by Florian GRUBER on 2006-03-31 14:29:18